Objective: The Machine Operator is responsible for the proper set-up and operation of the assigned machine in accordance with established procedures.
1. Read orders and schedules to determine setup specifications, work sequences, product dimensions, and installation procedures for machine setup
2. Monitor machine operation to detect malfunctions and to ensure that outputs conform to specifications
3. Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
4. Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
5. Will perform additional duties as required.
Education & Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. 6 months of experience as a machine operator in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
3. 6 months of experience working with hazardous substances strongly preferred
1. Production Process
2. Mechanical Understanding
3. Detailed Quality Control
4. Excellent Time Management
6. Strong Mathematical Skills
Including active speaking/listening, reading/writing skills in accordance with standard business practices and decorum
- Critical Thinking/Troubleshooting
Using logic and reasoning to identify problems as well as the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
Must have attention to details for all areas of work
- Computer Skills
Basic knowledge of computers including Internet browsers and the ability to learn other programs
- Ethical Behavior
Must maintain the highest ethical standards in the conduct of company affairs; must conduct business with integrity and comply with all applicable laws in a manner that excludes considerations of personal advantage or gain
Work Environment/Physical Demands
1. This position works in a manufacturing setting. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
3. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and frequently lift
and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
5. This position may work with hazardous materials where personal protective equipment (PPE) is necessary and specific procedures must be followed to adhere to
There is no travel expected with this position.