Our Lean CI Engineer is responsible for delivering measurable change and results utilizing Lean Continuous Improvement methodologies and tools, including LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Cost Improvement Projects (CIPs).
The incumbent is responsible for directly leading projects and leading others in these efforts by applying his or her leadership and continuous improvement skills to streamline manufacturing and process activities, thereby reducing waste and cost throughout Jostens.
- Bachelors or Technical degree, or equivalent experience in Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, with an emphasis in Process
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Red X Journeyman in Shainin
- 5+ years of technical experience in manufacturing (leading manufacturing improvements)
- Ability to use tools such as VSM or Material and Information flows
- In-depth understanding of Quality tools, such as SPC, F Test, T test, and DOEs. Strong background in process development such as sample frequency determination, identification and controlling key process characteristics and receiving inspection.
- A solid background and understanding in process flow, process design, ergonomics and lean manufacturing principles
- Demonstrated Project Management, organization and implementation skills and with delivered results
- Must be willing and able to work flexible schedules as needed
- Technical experience in Printing, Jewelry, Warehousing, Manufacturing
- Experience with process automation using Robotics or similar technologies
- Knowledge of Minitab, AutoCad and similar programs utilized in Lean CI projects.
- Conduct operations diagnostics to identify improvement opportunities, set priorities, launch and deliver improvement projects, and measure results.
- Implement lean manufacturing concepts from experience, such as Kaizen events, Total Productive Maintenance workshops, Process JIT workshops, 5S, Pull Systems, Systems and Administration improvements, etc.
- Lead Lean implementation project plan with cross functional resources.
- Lead selection, design, implementation of Lean Shop Floor dashboard (metrics) to measure back to goals. Allow visibility to work group and/or operator level.
- Provide leadership and implementation to site specific Safety Culture and Results with site leadership and safety teams.
- Identify and deliver measurable results with Cost Improvement Projects and Capital projects.
- Occasionally work in a supervisory capacity in various areas of the plant. This could involve working as part of a team in a designated department to ensure product is delivered on time, with the right quality and at the right price.