Montgomery County Government
The Front-End Web Developer will be expected to maintain a cohesive branding and online presence for the county website and social media. This will include interfacing with departments to maintain accurate and up-to-date website content as well as working closing with fellow developers to facilitate in the further development of county web services.
SALARY: $ 72,520.00 (Exempt)
*Montgomery County Government adopted the State of Tennessee’s Hybrid Retirement Plan to be effective January 1, 2017. Any new full-time employee hired on or after January 1, 2017 will be required to enroll. As a member of the Hybrid Plan, you are required to contribute at least 5% of your salary to the defined benefit portion of the Hybrid Plan. Contributions are made on a tax-deferred basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the county Web Architect to ensure a cohesive integration between all front end and back end web technology. This will include design discussions, code reviews, project planning, collaboration on creating and maintaining design documents.
- Analyze County website needs and work with team to create solutions.
- Assist other county departments with maintaining up to date content on their individual web pages.
- Coordinate and assist in website administration training program for other county departments.
- Administer public and internal website and 3rd party mobile app content.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree in Web Development, Computer Science, Graphic Design, or related field of study; with five to seven years of job-related experience in Web Development
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
REQUIRED SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
This position requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and advanced computer literacy.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, JS, and CSS
- Experience designing responsive websites
- Proficient skills in design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, etc.
- Strong collaboration and communications skills
- Familiarity with major social media platforms
- Strong problem solver and proficient in written, oral, and interpersonal communications.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS
While not required, these additional skills are recommended/desired.
- Programming experience in PHP or C#
- Database experience and SQL knowledge
- Framework experience in Laravel, Bootstrap, VueJS, .net core
- Git or similar Versioning Control Systems
- Unit Testing
Incumbent must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Incumbent must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Incumbent must possess the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Incumbent must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Incumbent must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
There are no required certifications, but any relating to the field of web development will be considered.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The incumbent frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb or balance. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.